This module is designed to cover the fundamentals of Ohm's law, work, energy and power. A discussion of power dissipation and rating of circuit components is presented, as well as efficiency, the kilowatt hour. The theoretical and practical aspects of basic circuit calculations are also presented in this module using a combination of video, animation, and a laboratory projects using Electronics Workbench.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Define Ohm's law.
- Utilize Ohm's law to determine current, voltage, or resistance.
- Describe the linear relationship between current and voltage.
- Differentiate between work and energy.
- Define power.
- Determine the efficiency of an electrical device.
- Calculate power consumption in terms of kilowatt hours.